Thursday, November 02, 2006

I realize I'm a day early with this but I'm still so new at it that I wanted to make sure I could make a go of it. Gotta tell you the more I try this the more I am impressed by what everyone is doing out there. So a writer I am not but I wanted to join in on the fun.


Friday's top ten list of songs from my ipod:

unlikely emergency: serena ryder
doesn't remind me: audioslave
prairie wind: neil young
you dream flat tires: joni mitchell
wonderful: chantal kreviazuk
around this corner: sarah harmer
not california: hem
back to me: kathleen edwards
thunder on the mountain: bob dylan
red headed girl: alana levandoski

"Song" based on the top ten:
Sorry Bobby and Neil but your songs got the boot for the following.

Knowing that you've been bad
Is one of the worst feelings I ever had
But you're the one I want to be with today
Just like lightning striking from above
You stole my heart, but no one was killed

I've got ways to make you hear me
Just by whispering your name
You said that you could dancd with me forever
Do you tell me that to tease me or just to hear me beg

Well I'm not seventeen and I don't wanna be
An no one talked about the grin that slapped heaven in the face
But you're the one I want to be with today
Is it too late to call you on the phone
Too late to tell you I'm alone
Come back to me



5 comments:

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

you eager beaver...:)

i haven't had a chance to post mine on my blog yet. but it's on on just a cool cat and american idle.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Hey Alana Levandoski is a old friend of my nieces. Glad to see she made the list.

Toccata said...

I love Alana's voice and her songs revolve around the prairies which being from Saskatchewan I can really relate to.

I read about her in an article about excellent musicians that were relatively unknown but excellent. The article featured Neko Case and I already knew and liked her so I decided to give Alana a try just from that article.

That reminds me Barbara I bought The Decemberists' The Crane Wife on what you had written! I bought it two days ago and have been listening to it ever since. Another great find. So thanks for that.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Alana does have a lovely voice and she is quite a songwriter as well. She was home-schooled, which I find interesting.
Good for you for taking a chance on unknown musicians. I love to do that on occasion too.
I'm so glad you are enjoying the Crane Wife. I can't even describe how much I love the Decemberists.

Toccata said...

Home schooled. That is interesting. I'm not a big believer in that I must say. When I first moved to BC I taught at the READ Society and we had a lot of home schooled students and for the most part the only schooling they got was the hour or two they came to us. But, I know it really depends on your parents. Personally I would have hated it because for me school meant friends. Academics was secondary. My mom might argue that academics was lot lower than second on my list!