Friday, November 03, 2006

Mr. Blogger is refusing to let me upload an image. Either that or I'm screwing up the directions. More than likely it's the latter.

Today when I was walking along the ocean I started thinking about the summer two years ago when I taught art in Pennsylvania. I have always taught math to high school and university students and am used to some semblance of order.

One day during a rather messy printmaking session to 8 and 9 year old boys one of the munchkins decided to paint his left hand. Of course, you know where this is going. Before long I had 10 kids with paint all up their arms and everywhere else! What's a girl to do? So of course I joined in on the fun. It was complete bedlam but fantastic fun. I remember turning a full 360 degrees and thinking, "If anyone had ever told me I would be running a class in such a chaotic, disorganized manner and having so much fun!" I would have thought them nuts.

8 comments:

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

blogger is insane with photos these days. i'm sure it's not you.

today, i would like to be in that printmaking class. i would like to be off this computer and just running wild and free with my imagination.

Toccata said...

Me too. I'm just hanging about inside playing the flute but feeling rather lazy while the rain is pouring down. Don't work too hard 668 aka neighbour of the beast.

Barbara said...

Blogger said they were working on the photo uploading problem... We'll see. Welcome to blogger eh!
Happy to see you blog is up and running Toccata.
You should have a party or something.

Splinkster said...

I know the feeling about trying to upload images, I see you visited my good ol partner in crime Just a cool cat's site, I must say you come from a very beautiful city and wonderful Island, I spent a little over a year and a half total living north of Nainamo near Horseshoe Bay, when I was in the Navy ( we rent a naval base from you and use a testing range there) I found the people wonderful, especially the women and the Bathtub Royalty, I can boast I dated "Royalty" before, I really miss the Island and the scenery it was so beautiful, and miss picking all the fresh blackberries

Toccata said...

I think maybe I'll leave the images for a bit. Today I tried again and it said it worked and I had a story all written and somehow or other I lost everything!

Hi Splinkster, welcome. It's always nice to talk to a Minnesotan. Glad you enjoyed the island. I certainly like it here.

Deb said...

It sounds like you are a wonderful teacher...the world could use a few more like you.

Toccata said...

Hey Debs, thanks for stopping by.

mellowlee said...

As you've probably found by now, blogger is an evil bugger. When it works, its glorious, but when it decideds to eat your comments/posts, and refuse to publish pictures it's just nasty!