Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Still Snow!
The house behind mine. Tree and street outside my window.

It's a little hard to believe but this is all supposed to be gone by Thursday. Tomorrow the temperatures are supposed to return to normal and the rain is said to be making a comeback. We're in the process of trying to smash every weather record going for November. Most rain, most snow and I have not heard the final word but last night they thought we might also break the previous lowest temperature. But not to worry, global warming is just a myth! Why can we not get governments on board with helping to save the planet? The Earth cannot fix itself; not when we have tampered with it to such a devastating degree.



That first picture was taken while hanging out my from window. We're a little concerned with that there tree! We're hoping it does not come down onto our house. I think we have survived the critical period. Last night we had a bit of wind which luckily knocked some of that heavy snow off. We're worried because it dropped a large limb last summer and we're thinking it's not the healthiest of trees.



This second picture is my stairway into my place. Trust me I don't normally have to crawl under bushes to get to my door!

Don't worry you non West Coasters our time in the snow is about done and we'll quit posting our snow pictures. I know it's snow and it's Canada so what's the big deal!

14 comments:

Evelyne said...

All that snow is amazing, I can't wait to get some snow here!

Those pictures are amazing!

Anonymous said...

you know...the rest of the country is laughing at us with those news reports of record cold temps..they think this would be a balmy winter

Toccata said...

Happy Birthday Evelyne! I would love to send it your way believe me!

Too true Kelly. My brother called from Winnipeg to mock me and my adopted province.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

What a beautiful neighbourhood you live in!

Toccata said...

Barbara I am laughing because it's true but notice how I never show the outside of where I live! I think our neighbours hate us. I have a fantastic landlord and he's great about dealing with the big stuff right away but the outside of the house really is a bit of a shambles.

Allison said...

That first picture of the house makes me wanna have a cup of tea and look out the window. Really beautiful, almost storybook-like. I think that's why I love the first snow fall, everything's still untouched and so peaceful, you just want to wrap everything up and put a bow on it.

I wonder when your snow disappears if our snow will start. Its mighty cold right now, and I hate the cold and no snow.

Toccata said...

Allison, fresh snow is the best. Ours is now starting to get that grungy look to it. Hopefully the snow will arrive in your part of the country fairly soon.

mellowlee said...

Gorgeous photos! I love that house behind yours. It so reminds me of Hansel and Gretel, and I LOVE fairytales! The stairs look so cool, but I wouldn't like to climb them right now. I also have a facination with outdoor stairways. I have noooo idea why LOL.

Toccata said...

Mellowlee, I'm into cool doors, especially red doors. I don't why. There's a lot of Hansel and Gretel houses around here. Some unfortunately are also into colours right out of a children's fairy tale!

mellowlee said...

I remember seeing a purple door in an otherwise boring neighborhood once. It made me unreasonably happy :)

Unknown said...

I like that house too. Definity christmas, fairy tale, fable style. That's a lot of snow.

Toccata said...

Mellowlee, I have snapped a picture for you! I will try and upload it once I catch up on my comments.

Hello Busterp. Well, unfortunately the rain started about an hour ago so all this lovely white stuff is going to turn into a big pile of slush!

mellowlee said...

I love the photo, thanks for posting it! I want to live in a purkle house..well a house with purkle trim :D

Toccata said...

Hello Melanie, aka Mellowlee! I thought you might like the purple house. As soon as I read the comment about the purple door I thought, "I have a house for Mellowlee!"