Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Week Early
I decided to decorate my stairs tonight. Maybe it has to do with all the decorations up around town; or all the talk about homemade Christmas trees out of tomato cages; or maybe it was the reminiscing about the favorite games of our youth I don't know but up they are. I have never had my lights up this early. My lights in the livingroom don't count. They stay up all year even with my father's comments of, "You do know it's May?"






I tried to get the full effect of the lights and the stairs but was only partially successful. These stairs are one of the best features of this place although I do curse the 19 stairs when my cat is suffering from the wrong side of the door disease especially in the middle of the night!



For all you CBC buffs out there are any of you listening to The Debaters? If you haven't tried it give it a whirl. It's absolutely hilarious. It's on 6:30 Saturday nights which I realize is kind of an awkward listen to the radio time but it's well worth a listen.

11 comments:

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

is that with shaun majumder?

Toccata said...

Yes it is 668. Have you heard it? You'd like it I'm sure since you like Mercer it's kind of the same kind of humour.

Allison said...

NIce stairs! I love mini lights...if I had level in the apt I would do the same thing...maybe around the door instead.

mellowlee said...

LOL at the wrong side of the door disease XD
Those stairs are great. Are those LED lights? They look like it. I finally broke down and switched over to them last year.

Toccata said...

Lights around the door would be nice Allison.

Mellowlee those are LED lights. It took me the last two seasons to completely switch over.

karen said...

Looking good! I adore fairy lights - those looks great. No shame in putting them up early - or never taking them down :D

Toccata said...

Tell that to my dad! He just shakes his head and gives me that look of, "Where did we go wrong?" lol My father is awesome.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I do listen to the Debaters actually! It's priceless. If I had a wit that sharp I'd be on radio too.
Your lights are lovely, but somehow the thought of decorating leaves me cold right now. Hopefully that will change.

Toccata said...

Barbara I'm glad to hear you enjoy The Debaters. I love that kind of humour but am completely unable to do it myself.

Lights are about all I ever manage and a little, emphasis on little, tree.

karen said...

Men eh? Stu hates Christmas almost as much as I love it. I get exactly that look - but more like 'what am I doing living with this fairy light-obsessed nut?'

Toccata said...

That's funny Kees. One of my best friends growing up was from England and they always called Christmas lights fairy lights. I always loved that term. Sounds kind of magical. Anyhow our sidewalk had a steep slope to it and at Christmas we used to love to use it as a slide with the fairy lights on. We would spend ours sliding away.